Thursday 12 May 2016

Hey Mama! Where ya been?

Hello Lovelies!

I want to start by apologizing for being away so long. Did you miss me?

I've been away from the blog because I've been really trying to focus on bettering myself and my health. If you follow me on instagram you'll have noticed a few pics that would have hinted at where I am.


I've started running again after a brief (ha!) 17 year hiatus. When I was younger I used to run all the time. I loved running - it felt like freedom! But after a couple of knee injuries and subsequent surgeries and then life and marriage and kids and all the million excuses that come with. Eventually I just slowed down more and more and became (if I'm being totally honest) pretty sedentary at times.


Well - that's not good for my health and it's not good for my relationship with my kids.


So I started doing a Couch to 5km program called Total C25K. AND my boys bought me a FitBit Blaze for Mother's Day - you'll see it in future outfit posts - looks like a pretty sweet watch!


I'm hoping that I will rediscover my love of running - so far I've mostly rediscovered my leg pain and the "joy" of shin splints - and that I will get myself on track to be healthier, stronger and more able to run and play with my kids and family.


I'm going to try and post an outfit pic a few times a week - so I'm not gone completely!
Also - this is what I wore for our church directory photos - if I ever get a copy, I'll share it with you - it's pretty "great"... if you know what I mean

Missed you!

Pants - Costco
Blouse - Thrifted
Flats - Ardene


Link ups!
A Labour of Life // Curly Crafty Mom // Elegance & Mommyhood // Happiness at Midlife // Mix & Match Fashion // Elegantly Dressed & Stylish // Garay Treasures // I Do DeClaire // Mama and More // Myriad Musings // Style Elixir // Walking in Memphis in High Heels // Cappuccino & Fashion // Chic Street Style // Pastries, Pumps & Pi // Pumps & Pushups // Shopping my Closet // Tucker Up // The Pleated Poppy // Beauty by Miss L // Champagne and Suburbs // Claire Justine // Elegantly Fashionable // Fizz & Frosting // Sincerely Jenna Marie // Pink Sole

5 comments:

  1. You look fantastic and yay for getting back into running. I use to do track and love to run when I was in middle school and I ran with my husband some before kids but admittingly I have lived a "lazy" life myself for a year and am only recently beginning some walking and hiking again. It can be tough making a lifestyle change but it is worth it.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pants and I love the black and white. Yea on running! I walk and am getting back into swimming. I cant run, but it is so nice to get out there
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you to get up and actually start something! That's half the battle!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your outfit! The pants look fun and the top is very flattering too!

    Julia
    www.whenthegirlsrule.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pants on you! Congrats on getting yourself to doing a 5K, I can't say I am a fan of running but it's my girl time with my friends which I really do love.

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete