Wednesday 29 April 2015

Springtime Day Dress

I posted a quick selfie while wearing this dress yesterday and captioned it mentioning something about how I found this vintage day-dress while shopping!



My Great-Aunt Florrie (who is just about the coolest Great-Aunt ever, FYI) mentioned to me on facebook that they were actually called "House Dresses" not "Day Dresses" but that she thought that "Day Dress" sounded much more elegant.


I remarked that that was because I'm nothing if not "elegant"..... snort. Do you believe me? Probably not.

In either case - I did find this house/day dress while thrifting a few weeks ago - and even though it's clearly handmade and clearly older than I am, it's also clearly awesome. It did however, have some seriously unfortunate buttons and some questionable (and obviously added in after it was originally made! ?) shoulder pads. Both of which I removed. The buttons I replaced.

I wore this dress while lunching with my Mom and one of my sisters at my Grandmothers house - where my mother told me it was a nice dress but "needs a belt" so I put one on before I took the pictures. She might have been right.


Dress - thrifted
Tights - thrifted (never worn)
Shoes - Walmart
Earrings (Hard to see) - owl earrings - passed down (top ten remix item)
Link ups!

Classy Yet Trendy // Because Shanna Said So // Cappuccino  and Fashion // My Girlish Whims // Pampers and Pearls // Pastries Pumps and Pi // Shopping my Closet // The Stylish Housewife // Tucker Up // The Pleated Poppy // Dressing Dallas // Pumps and Pushups
               

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in this dress! I love the colors and pattern and the blue tights are perfect!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dress. And I like Day Dress better also. Cute tights. I can never find nice colored ones. Thanks for linking up at Who's Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

    ReplyDelete