Monday 19 January 2015

Peach and Plaid



Wearing skirts in the winter can be tricky up here in Canada. Tights or not there are days when you still need a rather thick layer of fabric between your skin and the cold.







I love this plaid skirt I thrifted some time ago and the length is nice for winter. Wearing my over-the-knee boots under this skirt makes it so that I have all the fashionable benefits of wearing a skirt with the warmth of faux leather and wool between me and the cold. 



Usually I pair this skirt with a simple cream or white top, but this time I decided to try out my peach cardigan. It picked up on a very thin pink line in the plaid of the skirt that I wasn't even sure was there until I put the cardigan on.




Some bright gold vintage pieces that I thifted from our church bazaar and a pink bangle were just the right amount of jewellery.




What do you think? Do you wear skirts in the winter or stick with the warmth of pants?

Tea

Skirt - Thrifted: similar / similar / similar
Cardigan - Joe Fresh: similar / similar / similar
Boots - Charlotte Russe: similar / similar / similar
Brooch & Necklace - Vintage
Earrings - Handmade

Linking up with Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment