Friday 7 November 2014

Fab-Friday :: Andrea

Welcome to the 3rd edition of Fab-Friday!
This week I'm totally psyched to introduce you to my friend Andrea. She's not a Mom... however, she does teach up to 8 (Yeah, that's right EIGHT) different Kindergarten classes in the course of a week. She may not have her own kiddos yet, but she is practically super-woman when it comes to dealing with kids.

Also - my littl'un may or may not have decided that he wants to marry her. Just sayin'

Introducing Andrea!



About me:

I teach elementary school and am a rotary teacher. This means I am on my feet most of the day, moving from class to class. I teach kindergarten-grade 3 phys ed, health, music, drama and dance, and also grade 6-8 core French. Comfort is a key component of my clothing choice for work (no heels!), but at the same time, I need to look put together and professional.


What Mama Wears: In as few words as possible, how would you describe your personal style?

Andrea: Work, and out of work style for me are pretty much the same – comfort is #1. I tend to navigate towards items that will let me move around easily with my students; but still fit properly. I like to go for classics/basics since I know they will always be in style. I’m not big on trends, unless I really like it and know I’ll wear it.


WMW: What are 3 items in your closet you could not do without?

A: I have a grey/silver open cardigan that I can wear with anything. It helps to dress up a pair of yoga pants and t-shirt so I look a little more professional, it adds that little bit of warmth I might need on those days when the heater at work hasn’t kicked in yet, and again - is comfortable. A second piece is a good pair of boot-cut blue jeans. I HATE shopping for jeans because they never seem to fit quite right - so when I do - I wear them til they start to come apart. Literally. Also, they can be dressed up or dressed down, depending on the occasion. Finally, my slip-on black Champion trainers. I wear these almost daily at work (and out of work) because they are easy to wear, comfortable for my constant standing, and because they’re black, I wear them with anything. Like my jeans, I wear them until they come apart.

WMW: What is your go-to everyday item?

A: ANY of my 20+ pashminas :P I love pashminas and fashion scarves. They dress up an outfit instantly and help keep me warm. I always have to restrain myself from buying more!



WMW: How do you feel about trends: do you readily adopt them or let them slide by?

A: It really depends on the trend. There are some I know I will never wear, and others I would. If I think I can pull off the trend, then I’ll wear it; but start small (one item) and then work it into my wardrobe. Of course, if I think it’s going to last and change from trend to staple then I’d go for it. I don’t want to spend money on something that will only be worn for a couple of months.


WMW: Who is a style icon for you?

A: I really like Reese Witherspoon. She’s classic, comfortable, and wears some trends, but doesn’t go all out. She also owns it in whatever she wears; whether it’s a fancy red carpet look, or jeans and a t-shirt. (I also like Carrie Underwood for this reason).

WMW: What advice do you have for other ladies to show the world their beauty?

A: Dress for your body type. Don’t hide underneath clothes! Embrace your size, regardless of what it is, and work it! And dress for yourself, not to impress other people. If you don’t like or can’t walk in 5 inch heels, don’t wear them! If you dress for yourself and wear what you like, your confidence will shine through and you’ll look even better!
 

Thank you so much for being a Fab-Friday feature Andrea!
Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment