Monday 10 November 2014

Bright Tights


Confession time: Generally speaking, I hate tights. Pantyhose, tights, nylons, whatever you want to call 'em, largely I find them seriously uncomfortable and I hate every single second of wearing them.




Very occasionally I find a pair that aren't so irritating that I want to light them on fire while wearing them - these Merona plus size tights are just this side of bearable... but the thing that really makes it worth while to wear them is a colour that can basically be described as obnoxiously purple. Awesome.



I received this super interesting/cool (cool? Do the "kids" still say cool?) pinstripe denim pencil skirt from my friend Heather. It's definitely not something I would have ever picked out myself, but I kind of like it's slight funky-ness with the stripe pattern. And since I had decided that I was wearing the skirt, I had to wear tights. And because the tights were purple, I decided to wear my purple blazer. And because you have to wear a shirt under a blazer (obviously....O.o) I wore a black tank top. And because my tank top was black, I wore black ankle booties. And because it was Remembrance Sunday, I wore my poppy. And that is definitely the most important part of this whole outfit. The end.



Tights - Target: similar / similar /same
Tank - Old Navy: similar / similar
Blazer - Ricki's: similar / similar / similar
Boots - Sears: similar / similar / similar

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment