Monday 22 September 2014

Lace & Plaid

I know it's really starting to feel like fall when I need to put tights on under my skirts... of course, the morning I got dressed in this is was cool and pouring rain and by halfway through the day it had gone up about 10 degrees and was sunny. End of summer weather just can't make up it's mind!

In any case - I love this brown plaid skirt. I thrifted it last year and had never gotten around to wearing it. It's a really classic shape, a mild kind of a-line, and I actually love that the plaid doesn't quite meet up at each panel, it's ever so slightly "off"... kind of like me.
I wore it with my lace yoke top that you've already seen several times this summer, but I tucked it in to take advantage of the belly hiding high waist of this skirt. Purple tights give this outfit a bit of fun and it slightly less school-marm-ish. My flat knee high boots and some funky peacock style earrings and necklace.

 




Also - did you notice my hair? I dyed it a colour that's called "Dark Copper Brown". But should have just been called "Red-brown" or even "Mahogany" (*gasp!* That is MAHOGANY!). Which, according to the hubs is my favourite colour anyway (apparently all of the wood in our house is this colour and it's all my fault, evidently. Hey, I likes what I likes!).





I'm linking up with Andi from Just Another Smith this week because it's skirt week! I'm not sure I can do a whole week of skirts, but on the days I can I will be linking up. I recommend you check out her blog and see what she's wearing!

Skirt - Thrifted: similar / similar / similar
Shirt - Walmart USA (Faded Glory brand): similar / similar / similar
Boots - Famous Footwear: similar / similar / similar
Peacock Necklace & Earrings - Tophatter
Lipstick - Mary Kay: Crimson Pumpkin


Seen it before? Fashion Rewind

http://whatmamawear.blogspot.ca/2014/08/eyelets-and-lace.htmlhttp://whatmamawear.blogspot.ca/2014/09/red-white.htmlhttp://whatmamawear.blogspot.ca/2014/09/apple-pickin.html

 Tea

1 comment:

  1. I like your hair! I want to be a redhead, but the upkeep was too much for me. My hair grows super fast, and I just didn't have the patience to fix my roots every 3 weeks! I'm also so not ready for tights and boots. It was kind of chilly this morning, but it warmed up enough that I could get away with bare legs. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete