Tuesday 19 August 2014

Thrifted Vest

I have been wanting a cargo/canvas/military-esque style vest for quite a while now. However, most of them are either a)stupidly expensive b)not shaped correctly for someone my shape (because I just LOVE looking like a big square... literally) or c) covered in weird/awkward/so-not-my-style blingy bedazzlement - sorry - but if you grew up in the 80s/90s anything that looks like something someone went at with a Bedazzler is not really at the top of my list.

So when I saw a short-sleeved button up shirt with pretty much all the cargo/military type styling I was looking for on VarageSale for a whopping $3.00 I had to jump on it. Picked this baby up, took it home, chopped off the sleeves - and voila! Cargo vest for $3.00!

I paired it while at the cottage with a long sleeve tee, my current fave jeans and my happy birthday to me moccasins. Super comfy, warm enough for a cool rainy day up north. I can see this vest getting a LOT of wear this fall as I'm looking forward to layering it with sweaters, button downs and hoodies. I also like the versatility that the buttons and string-tie at the waistband offers.











Vest - Thrifted: similar / similar
Long sleeve tee - Walmart: similar / similar
Jeans - Old Navy: same as yesterday
Moccasins - Robinson's General Store, Dorset

No comments:

Post a Comment