Monday 11 August 2014

Eyelets and Lace

All last summer I was obsessed with eyelet or lace shorts - but I can tell you that finding them in a size larger than say a 10 or a 12 was like hunting for El-freakin-Dorado. And then, suddenly - magic! These babies were sitting on a sale table in Target for a whopping $12.99. It was meant to be.

I paired these sweet eyelet shorts with a fun lace yoke top that I picked up in Walmart in the states. Again - Faded Glory brand! I just love it, they make such great basics. Navy boat shoes and a fun pop of bright pink nailpolish made this a great outfit for hanging out at home and running a few errands before the hubs and I get a kid-free weekend away! Double yippee!

Well, I think that's enough exclamation marks for one post. Do you ever have a clothing obsession that you couldn't let go of? I don't know if these shorts are still "in" but I don't really care. I love them and I think I'll be wearing them for many years to come.




  
Currently in LOVE with this lipstick by NYC. Bonus it costs a whopping $2.99 (at Shoppers) and if you put it on thick it looks like a great matte lipstick, or if you put it on with a bit of gloss it acts as an awesome everyday lipstain. 


Bring pink fingernails (and toenails, not pictured... duh) for a fun weekend away with my hubby.

Apparently I was not allowed to take my outfit pics alone today - so for a bonus - here's some pics of my furbaby who wanted to be in the pictures too!


Silly old hounddog. :P

Also - I'm linking up with Andi from Just Another Smith because Navy! Check out her blog, it's fab!

Tea.

Shorts - Target: exact / similar
Top - Walmart USA: similar / similar
Shoes - Walmart (old): similar
Lipstick - NYC New York Color in Traffic Jam: exact
Nailpolish - NYC New York Color in Fuschia Shock: exact

4 comments:

  1. I love these shorts! Target had a skirt in this material last summer that I wanted, but never saw in the stores to try on. And I wish I had ordered it, because it's so pretty! Anyway, the shorts look great with the lace top! Perfect summer combo. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I often long for certain items and miss out on them - these shorts were meant to be!

      Delete
  2. I have a white lace and navy bottoms outfit planned for this week! Great minds think alike :) Thanks for linking up! Also, your fur baby is super adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic colour combo! I look forward to seeing your outfit!
      He knows he's cute too - that's the trouble. Lol.

      Delete